Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Already Looking Ahead

I've still got both the handspun cowl and the crochet bag in progress, but not being done with them yet doesn't mean that I'm not already planning for the next projects. I think I mentioned last week that I'd ordered yarn from Knit Picks. It came earlier this week, and I finally got a chance to snap some photos (thanks to my lightbox, because there is no natural light happening these days when I'm actually home on a weekday).

First, I ordered three skeins of Comfy Fingering for a baby sweater I need to knit for a shower next month.


The family I'm knitting for lives in Miami, so I thought a bright color in a cotton blend would be best. They aren't finding out the sex of the baby, so I'm going to be making Hyphen, which I think is suitable for boys and girls. I'll be casting on as soon as I finish up the crochet bag.

I also ordered yarn for a sweater for me. I've had my eye on Helenium since it came out, and I finally decided that it was time to knit it. I may even attempt it for the Ravellenic Games, which seems doable considering that it's knit in worsted weight and most of it is stockinette in the round. I ordered KP's new Simply Wool Worsted, which is completely undyed and comes only in the natural colors of the sheep. Apparently it's been a popular yarn, because a bunch of colors were out of stock, so the shade I ended up with is a cream with a hint of gray called Wendy. For the brioche colorwork, I ordered a skein of Chroma Worsted in Lupine.


The Simply Wool reminds me a lot of Cascade 220, a yarn I have used a lot and love, so I'm sure I will love this. I'm a tad bit worried about the Chroma bleeding, so I may skein it up and give it a citric acid treatment just in case. The games don't start until February 9, so I have a couple of weeks to do that and swatch. It's been a while since I knit myself a sweater, so I'm excited to get going! That excitement should be a good motivator to finish up my current projects, too.

1 comment: