Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Feeding the Stash

It's another Sunday, and also the last day of the year, so despite the fact that I have no actual spinning to share, I couldn't let the day go by without a post -- at least a quick one!

In the week before we left for vacation, I received two packages with fiber. One was a braid of BFL from Fibernymph Dye Works that I won as a prize:


This colorway is called Victorian Roses.

The other package was my last shipment from FatCatKnits; Ginny has decided to close her business and gave us a chance to place one last order before she shut down her Web site. I ordered three braids, all superwash Targhee:

Harem

No Doubt

Phantasm

I am planning on spinning all three braids into sock yarn because I loved my first pair of handspun superwash Targhee so much that I want more.

~~~~~~

I'm not doing an end-of-year/year-in-review-type post, but I didn't want New Year's Eve to go by without stopping to say thank you to all of you who read this blog. There was a time not so long ago that I was considering shutting it down, but you all convinced me to keep it going, and I'm glad I did. It's been a great way to be part of the online fiber community and to keep a record of my crafting. I hope that 2018 brings many good things to you!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I am sad to read of another fiber artist deciding to close her doors! But, lovely acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete