Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Back to the Routine

We arrived home from our vacation yesterday evening, and once everything was unpacked and we got some food in us, we all promptly passed out for a good long sleep. Today was a whirlwind of cleaning, grocery shopping, and laundry, and while I did get some good knitting time in, there was unfortunately no time to get reacquainted with my wheel -- which means there has been no further spinning beyond the bobbin you saw a week ago. Our schedule returns to normal tomorrow, however, and I have quite a few video podcasts to catch up on, which means I will likely spend several of the next few evenings at the wheel.

I may not have any new spinning to show you, but I do have some pretty fiber to share! For a while now I've been admiring the beautiful fiber and handspun from Wound Up Fiber Arts on Instagram. Shortly before we left for our trip, I happened to spot that Trisha was having a sale to clear out her shop -- all braids were $15. Did I need more fiber? No, not really, but I couldn't resist her bright colors and ordered three braids. They arrived while I was away, so I had all this color to come home to:

Squander on superwash merino

Wild Thing on superwash merino/cashmere/nylon

Bittersweet on superwash merino

I may end up spinning and keeping one of these for me, but the others are likely to show up in the Fluvial Fibers shop or at my booth at November's Indie Knit and Spin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Those braids are so beautiful! What great colors! I looked at them and immediately thought they would work well in a combo spin! And, I am glad you are back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete