Pages

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Back in the Spin of Things

After a week away from my wheels and fiber, I was very eager to spin something when we got home from our vacation yesterday afternoon. I was good and did all the unpacking first, but as soon as everything was in its proper place, I plopped myself down behind my Lendrum and started in on the other half of the FatCatKnits Polwarth/flax. I'd saved this colorway for last because it was my favorite -- so bright and colorful! Here's about half of it all balled up as I was spinning yesterday:


It's actually a bit more vibrant than it appears here; yesterday was very overcast, so the light when I took this photo was not the best.

I have been so excited to spin that I've already finished up the first bobbin of singles; here's a composite of progress shot that gives you an idea of all the colors in the fiber:


The second bobbin is well under way, and I have a feeling I'll be done with this skein by the end of the week, if not sooner.

While we were away, a package from Australia showed up, a replacement from a September club extra I had ordered some time ago but that seemed to have gotten lost somewhere along the way. This time around, David was able to use his new shipping method that enabled me to track the package's progress, so I knew as soon as it was delivered (though, sadly, I wasn't there to fondle it at the time).


This is Flanders Field on Rambouillet, which I know will be an absolute joy to spin. The colors aren't very accurate here, either, I'm afraid -- there's a pale sage-y green in there that's showing up as white.

The week ahead is going to be stupid crazy (big project deadline at work), so it's quite possible that I'll be doing more spinning than knitting this week, as it takes less brain power. I'm sure my fiber stash won't complain.

1 comment:

  1. That Flanders Field is gorgeous! And, you spinning is too! Holy cow are you fast!

    ReplyDelete