Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

And We're Off

It's Tuesday, the second day of Spinzilla, and I fear I am not going to accomplish nearly as much as I'd hoped. Yesterday we were all off for Rosh Hashanah, and I thought I would get in a bunch of spinning time and make good progress for the first day. Unfortunately, I did not get in as much time as I'd hoped, and I only got maybe a third to half of the first bundle of fiber spun into singles. I suppose this is still a respectable amount, but I had grand illusions of spinning up 4 oz. the first day.


I am spinning for a two-ply fingering weight, so these singles are fairly fine, and I am spinning worsted rather than woolen this time around, meaning my bobbins will not fill up as quickly (but overall it's better for my shoulder). I'll be getting in some more time at the wheel this evening, and perhaps if I'm super speedy I'll even finish up the first bobbin.

While the majority of my crafty time this week will be spent spinning, I have not let all knitting fall by the wayside. I did spend quite a bit of time on Rainbow's sweater this weekend, and it's now about 7.25 inches long:


And I'll still be working on the shawl this week during my lunch breaks. It's grown a little bit since you saw it last:


I weighed my yarn this morning and have more than half left, so I'll be trying to make this as large as I can without running out of yarn.

I apologize in advance if you're not so big on the spinning -- there's going to be a fair bit of it this week! Fortunately Spinzilla is only a week long, so I'll be back to my regular knitting content before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment