Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Interruption

Last night I was supposed to go to knit night. I finally had a Wednesday when the Mister was in town/home to be with Rainbow -- the first one this year, actually -- and I was all excited. And then no one else could come. So I spent the evening having a quiet dinner by myself, knitting a swatch for a design submission, and then curling up under a blanket to watch old episodes of Gilmore Girls and work on my shawl. I am now officially on the border, with two garter ridges down and 13 more to go on this side.


I think I am going to put this project on hold for the time being, though, in the interest of finishing up my father's socks. I finished the heel on the second today, and I think if I can buckle down and work on it tonight and tomorrow, I might just finish it in time to present him with the finished pair when we have dinner with my parents tomorrow night.

This weekend I am headed to the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival for the first time in many years (I think the last time I went was 2008). I'm taking a class on Saturday morning and then might stroll through the marketplace a bit, though I'm not really planning on buying anything (shocking, right?). I'm planning to wear my Zeccola Cowl -- the original sample -- so if you're there and you see me, please do say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment