Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Distracted

I am supposed to be spinning my gradient right now. You'd think I'd want to be, as it's my favorite fiber to spin, Polwarth. But I am not. Why? I've been distracted by bright green fiber. I suppose it's a reaction to winter and its darkness and lack of color, but really, can you blame me?


This was taken yesterday, as I worked on spinning the second bobbin of these singles (FatCatKnits Falkland, in case you were wondering). We did get hit by the giant snowstorm, though fortunately we were at the tail end of it and only got about six inches. That was enough to make the roads very messy, so we laid low at home and let the crews plow and salt before we ventured out. It was good to have the excuse to sit behind my wheel for a while.


Even in terrible light, the greens in this fiber seem to glow! I've moved on to the third and final bobbin, which I hope to finish up tomorrow evening. Then I suppose I'll go back to the long slog that my gradient spin has become -- as least until it's time to ply these singles.

2 comments:

  1. So bright and fun! I really can't blame you for getting distracted by this :)

    ReplyDelete