Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Not a Rhinebeck Post

I think it goes without saying that I am not headed to Rhinebeck this weekend. It is my dream to get there one day, but I'm actually quite glad I didn't try to make it happen this year because I'm still sick and I would be miserable (and I'm sure the throngs of people I'd be coughing around wouldn't be too pleased, either). It is supposed to get pretty cold here this weekend, though -- they actually mentioned snow in the forecast! -- so I will be wearing sweaters and wool socks and surrounding myself with my knitting.

My top knitting priority at the moment is the new samples for my Hermia set. I cast on for the hat on Wednesday evening and just got into the main body of the hat today at lunch. It is a relatively quick knit once I get going, but the brim is all 1x1 twisted ribbing and thus relatively slow going. Now I'm into the fun part.

Crappy photo brought you by crappy weather

I have not touched the handspun socks since last Sunday, but once the samples are done they will become my lunchtime knitting. I suppose it's soon going to be time to do an inventory of my sock drawers (yes, I said drawers -- but they're small and shallow) and see which handknit socks are really to be "darned" to make room for the new ones. Back when I was knitting socks at a rapid pace, I never really thought I'd get to the point where I had too many, but I think I may be there, because frankly I don't think there's room to fit all my socks in the drawers at this point yet I don't want to stop knitting socks all together.

I did want to report that Rainbow has been wearing her school sweater all week and has proclaimed it her favorite sweater of all the ones I've knit for her. I'm planning to wash it for the first time this weekend and I really, really hope nothing bad happens to it (after all, I did specifically pick a machine-washable yarn for this one so that I could just toss it in with the rest of her laundry).

If you are headed to Rhinebeck this weekend, I hope you have a great time! Fondle some yarn and fiber for me, will you? Maybe I'll see you there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment