Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

112%

It took me more than a month, but I finally finished the giant skein of Shetland/silk. And when I say giant, I mean giant -- I had trouble getting it into a twist that would stay!


In the end, I had roughly 536 yards of three-ply fingering weight, which is pretty much exactly what I was aiming for. I had hoped to match this skein of moorit-colored Shetland that I spun a couple of years ago; it was roughly 550 yards, so pretty darn close. My plan is to use the two skeins to knit myself a Rockefeller, a pattern that has long been in my library.

Tomorrow is a new month, so I will reward myself by spinning something with color!

P.S. If you're wondering where the title of this post comes from, I give you the label that came with this fiber. You can figure out the math for yourself.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spin! And I am in love with your planned knit! What a fantastic idea!!! That will be an amazingly gorgeous shawl.

    ReplyDelete