Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Tying Up Loose Ends

I've reached that point where all my projects seem to be getting done at the same time. Last night I finished the applied I-cord edging on the Baby Surprise Jacket and wove in the last of the ends, so it's done but for sewing on the buttons and blocking it, both of which will happen tonight.


I also finished the shawl, so there is just weaving in of ends and blocking left to do. The pattern writing should be finished up shortly as well -- I just have to do the written directions for the lace and the final measurements after it's dry.


Finally, I'm nearly finished plying my spinning project (I probably need one more hour or so at the wheel). That will happen at some point this weekend.

So now I'm in that weird place where I'm wondering what to cast on next. I wound a skein of handspun sock yarn last night, thinking it would be my next lunch knitting project, but I'm tempted to do something else (like knitting the shawl sample again in a single skein of handspun). There's also my Sople that still needs to be finished and is probably more than halfway done, but I have to try to rediscover my love for it. I think I only have about four rows left on the body, so perhaps I'll try to get through those tonight.

The weather forecast is calling for a very cool weekend, so of course I'm getting the itch to start a new sweater. I feel like I should finish the one that's on the needles before I start something new, though, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment