Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

I'd Let You Squish It If I Could

Yesterday was a good mail day. I was expecting it, but it's still a lovely surprise to get home and find yarn waiting for you -- particularly after a long day at work.


This is Quince & Co. Finch, a lovely, super squishy fingering weight. It is 100% American wool, breed type unknown, but it is soft and fluffy and lovely. I can't wait to cast on with it.

We are headed out of town this weekend for a family wedding, so I've already wound my skeins and gotten everything ready for the long ride in the car (about five hours each way). I'll be taking the Finch and starting a new design as well as this skein of Dream in Color Smooshy (the colorway is Miami Red), which is destined to be a Baby Surprise Jacket for our neighbors, who are expecting a baby next month.


They haven't shared whether it's a boy or a girl (and I don't even know if they know), so I went with something bright and cheerful that will look good on either gender. I figure that if it's a girl, I can do some quick embellishments or embroidery to make it more girly.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colour choices for the Quince and Co. I always choose the colours that don't work. I'm excited to see this project progress.

    ReplyDelete