Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Being Good

After neglecting Rainbow's sweater for the past week, I decided that this week was the time to be good and work on it. And of course, when you work on something, you actually see progress! Although it's slow going, the stockinette portion is getting longer.


I'm not exactly sure how much I have left to knit because I'm knitting a larger size to accommodate my different gauge, but I don't think I'll need to do quite the length of the larger size. I need to either hold it up to Rainbow or have her try it on to see where it's hitting and where she'd like it to hit when it's done.

I'd also like to point out that I was extra good last night and wove in all my ends, including using one to do a little fancy duplicate stitch at the base of the button bands to make that area look neater. I know future me will appreciate the extra effort.


As long as I was resurrecting WIPs, I thought I'd pull out my handspun brioche cowl for my lunchtime knitting this week. I am just starting to see the first color change in one of the skeins, so clearly some progress has been made, but there's still quite a lot of yarn left. The cowl currently measures about 4 inches, so this is going to be pretty monstrous when it's done. Considering everyone is predicting another really cold winter, it's likely going to be a very handy accessory for several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment