Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Not a Stitch

As I predicted, I have not knit a stitch since the start of the Tour de Fleece. I thought I would feel all twitchy about that by now, but I'm surprisingly content with spinning only for the time being. I have been sitting at my wheel every evening and have been making excellent progress.

After finishing up the first skein of the Tour in the first two days, my progress has slowed somewhat. That's partly due to the fact that I have fewer hours each day to spin during the week compared to the weekend, but I'm also spinning finer singles now. I am currently on bobbin 2 of 3 of singles for a three-ply sock yarn. The fiber is Fat Cat Knits superwash merino/nylon in the colorway Boogaloo (quite possibly the most fun colorway name to say ever).


The colors in this fiber are just amazing, and it's so much fun to watch them change. As you can see, last night I wound up in the middle of a large section of hot pink.

Meanwhile, I've been spindling during my lunch break at work. It seems that between Tours I forget how much I enjoy spinning on a spindle; I really should do it more often. It's been a very stressful week at work, and it's amazing how much 45 or so minutes of spindling in the middle of the day can relax me. I am working my way through the Hobbledehoy "battlings" I bought at MDSW this year; I decided to spin the four blue batts and the four green batts in color progression (from light to dark) and then ply them together. I nearly finished up the fourth and final blue batt today.


As much as I love all this spinning, I think I will need to get back to my knitting needles again soon, even if it's just to do a little knitting. I do have knit night next week, so perhaps that will be the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment