Pages

Monday, July 08, 2013

Pattern Release: Newlin

Today is the first rest day of the Tour de Fleece, and while I'll still be spinning, I thought it was a perfect day to release my new pattern. Meet Newlin:


Newlin is a top-down women's sock pattern that features a swirling stitch pattern that goes very quickly and is easily memorized. It's available in two sizes, to fit a foot circumference of 8 in. and 9 in. It features a twisted rib cuff, an Eye of Partridge heel (flap and gusset), and a wide toe. I found that it knit up very quickly -- I even had a test knitter who finished a sock in about two days!

A pair of socks should use about 100 g of sock yarn, depending on the length of your foot. I knit these in Cascade Heritage,  which is fast becoming my favorite workhorse sock yarn. Although I chose a solid, I think these would look just as lovely in a semisolid, lightly variegated, or even self-striping yarn.


I'm very excited about these socks and am so happy to be "releasing them into the wild" today. I hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Love those socks! I couldn't resist buying the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pinko Knitter -- thank you! You're officially my first sale!

    ReplyDelete