Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Quickie

In the midst of the slog that is my laceweight sweater, I decided I needed to start a quick project that could give me a sense of satisfaction and achievement. The skein of madelintosh Vintage that followed me home from my LYS over the weekend was clearly calling out to be turned in a much-needed hat, for which I cast on on Monday night. By last night, it was done, and by this morning, it was in use (with apologies for the cell phone car picture):

Untitled

Unfortunately, I've decided that I don't like how the crown decreases worked out, and I'm feeling like a bit of a bonehead for not realizing a simpler and more elegant way of doing them, so this evening I'll be ripping out the top and redoing it. I'm not usually the sort to rip and reknit unless there's a legitimate reason, but in this case I don't really mind because I've fallen absolutely head-over-heels in love with this yarn. I might even have to pick up another skein in this color so I can make a matching pair of mittens. I'm really glad I've already stashed a sweater's worth of it or I'd be tempted to go and buy ALL THE TOSH right now!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I think it looks great =D I can't resist the Tosh. It's impossible. I also have no self control =P I almost bought a sweaters worth of Isadora tonight =P

    ReplyDelete