Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I May Be Crazy

Why, you ask? Because apparently I decided that I could knit another baby sweater by the end of the month for the Mad May knitalong. I picked up more tosh dk at my LYS over the weekend and cast on for another Gramps Cardigan last night. This is for a gift for my best friend, who is expecting her first in September. Her sisters are throwing her a baby shower in early June, and as it looks unlikely that I'll be able to attend (it's out of town and not close enough to do a day trip), I'll need to get her gift mailed off even early than that.


I cast on last night and got a few rows into the cable pattern on the body before I realized that I'd neglected to switch over to larger needles after the ribbing and had to rib back. Tonight I'll be able to rectify that error and get moving on the body. I'm making the smallest size, and considering that I finished Rainbow's version in 14 days, I think I can knit a baby size in 10 -- there is a long weekend coming up, after all.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that blue!!!! I love that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby sweater in 10 days? With a long weekend? No problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 PM

    OOh, every time I've tried to do a baby hat or a baby sweater on deadline, I don't make it in time for the shower, etc. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color and I think you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete