Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Prepare to Plotz!

Late last week, I looked at the calendar and had a brief moment of panic when I realized that I have a baby shower to attend at work this Friday and I hadn't yet started on a gift (and it is well known in my office that I'm a knitter, so I couldn't very well buy something). Fortunately, baby knits are fast, so when I got to my LYS on Saturday afternoon, I found some appropriate yarn and cast on. It was only a matter of hours before I was finished.


This is the Upside-Down Daisy hat from Susan B. Anderson's book Itty-Bitty Hats. There are so many cute things to knit in this book, none of them taking a very long time to complete. I'd estimate this hat took five hours of less, and a lot of that time was in sewing on the petals and weaving in all the ends.

As I know nothing about the laundry habits of preferences of the mom-to-be, I went with something washable -- Berrocco Vintage in Sakura and Snow Day, with a tiny amount of leftover Dream in Color Classy in Go Go Grassy (from my FLS) for the stem. I doubled the yarn for the petals (because I was using the same weight as the rest of the hat rather than the called-for slightly heavier yarn) but otherwise followed the pattern exactly for the 0-6 month size. Rainbow asked if it was for her while I was taking photos, so I have a feeling that another one might be in my future.

2 comments:

  1. It's adorable! And I love how your little girl wants what you make. My 8 year old niece has just started knitting but she only does it when my sister and I pick up ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so generous! I only knit for close family and, even then...yeah. I also love that Rainbow asked if it was for her. My daughter has been asking that a lot lately, but it's all obligation knitting for others. She will be getting a lot of her own stuff soon, I think! Such guilt to hear them ask and have to say no :(

    ReplyDelete