Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Second Time Around

Can we pretend that today is Sunday? Really, I meant to post this yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. Oops.

Anyway, here is my latest dose of handspun for you. It's another All Spun Up superwash merino, spun almost exactly like my last yarn. This was the fiber before, 4.2 ounces:

And here it is as a three-ply fingering weight yarn. I really love how the colors blended.

I got slightly more yardage this time around, approximately 375 yards. I'm getting really good at doing a three ply sock yarn!

Would you like an even closer look? Okay, here ya go:


I think I need a little break from the three plies. I started working on some merino/silk over the weekend, spinning it very fine and aiming for two-ply laceweight. It's nice to be working with some color again!

3 comments:

  1. I think that's my FAVORITE of your sock yarns yet! You should call it Zebra. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:15 PM

    I LOVE the way the colors came out in this. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the colors....neutral but with a twist!

    ReplyDelete