Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Pick-me-up

Ever have one of those weeks that get away from you? I've just had one of those weeks. After three very crazy days at work, I woke up Thursday to a lovely surprise: a migraine. It had the wonderful good sense to come on right after I'd finished getting dressed and drying my hair. At least I hadn't yet left for work, so all I had to do at that point was call in sick, take some medicine, get back into my pajamas, and crawl back into bed.

By midday I was feeling somewhat back to normal, or at least normal enough to knit. I couldn't handle anything more complex than garter stitch, though (my vision was still too fuzzy to be able to read a chart), so I put some more rows on the blanket.

[Insert obligatory blanket progress shot here.]

I'd forgotten that I had some of this leftover light green in the scrap bag; the full skein of Uptown comes next.

Later in the day, I got a nice surprise that helped me feel better -- my September sock club shipment! This color isn't exactly something I'd choose on my own, but it looks like a nice fall colorway to me, and I like the pattern that came with it.


I've made some progress on other projects, too. I finished clue 3 of MS4 on Thursday night, before the release of the next clue. I know I'm going to have to knit all the clues again for the second half of the stole when I'm done, but so far I'm keeping up with the weekly clues, and that makes me happy! I'm also only about two inches away from being done with the body of my dad's sweater, with about 2 1/2 weeks to go. The sleeves are pretty fast, and once I get all the pieces onto one needle, it should be smooth sailing.

I'm hoping that I'll have some spinning content for you tomorrow, too. I finished up the second half of the merino/alpaca singles this morning, so I'm letting them rest on the bobbin tonight and will ply tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. The plum color in that STR is lovely. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the migraine. We could have kept each other company in our pathetic states. lol! I'm still dizzy though. UGH. I've been wanting to ask... do you feel like that blanket is taking a while because it's fingering weight, or does it still move along at a nice clip?

    Your STR is gorgeous as usual. It is an unusual color combo. But sometimes those end up being the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love the new color way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RSC didn't make me squee straight out of the envelope, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I also love the pattern, so this is definitely in line. I NEED MORE FREE TIME. I think tomorrow will be reserved for digging out the basement to make it functional once again. Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blankie is looking great! BTW, I found another odd ball of Lorna's in my stash - Mixed Berries. The two balls are on the way to you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blankie is really coming along! I can't wait to see the final product! and that STR colorway is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:59 PM

    I'm sorry about your migraine. Those are so debilitating. Hopefully your employer is understanding. There's little you can do about it.

    The blanket is really pretty. I can't wait to see your STR socks.

    ReplyDelete