Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

I've just returned from a long walk outside, where it is gorgeous. The sun is setting now, there is not a cloud in the sky, and it is warm but not humid. I did several laps through the cemetary up the road while listening to an episode of Cast On. It was so nice to finally be outside again and not be shivering. Now I've got windows open and ceiling fans on to cool off the house (we get a lot of direct sunlight in the afternoon). It appears spring has finally arrived!

I did not do much knitting this weekend on account of being out most of the day yesterday (shopping with my mom while J and my dad looked at cars) and having to do work today, but I did finish two socks -- two nonmatching socks -- since my last post.

On the left is the first of my Inside Out socks (the pattern from the February sock kit for the Rockin' Sock Club) and on the right is my own design, not yet named, but not going anywhere (remember the unfortunate Knitty coincidence?). I was not terribly excited about the RSC socks until I finished and tried it on. Not only does it fit, but the ribbing on the sole is brilliant -- so soft and squishy!

Right now my only socks on the needles are some baby socks for some friends of ours who had a new baby boy last week, but I'll be starting the second Inside Out sock soon. Tonight I'm planning on swatching for an Elizabeth Zimmermann Baby Surprise Jacket. I had planned on using the yarn left over from J's Cambridge Jacket, but as I was out walking I remembered that I had several skeins of a seafoam-y green wool -- very non-gender-specific -- I bought deeply discounted when the local JoAnn's was going out of business. I have four 1.75 oz skeins; the pattern calls for 3 oz of wool. If it's not enough, I've got plenty of scraps of yarn that will serve well for stripes.

Happy spring!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I wish spring would come to the Rockies! We had six inches of snow on Saturday. Glad you enjoyed your long walk. Your socks are lovely, especially those Socks That Rock!

    ReplyDelete