Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Reason #783,615

Yesterday, in all the excitement of the successful felting and other things*, I completely forgot to tell you about another reason I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world.

Before I get into it, I need to go back a little bit and give you the full back story. You may remember that last October J bought me a Jordana Paige Knitter's Purse on our first trip to Knit One after researching them on the Web. I used it just about every day and more or less wore it out. I retired it about a month or so ago, when I realized the straps were disintigrating and I began to fear for the accidental loss of my knitting. J bought me a swanky new bag that fit my sock bag perfectly, and I relegated my knitting purse to the closet for the time being.

Now fast forward to last Friday. I had just had a horribly busy and stressful week at work, and that day I was especially cranky after my alarm clock malfunctioned and I got about 25 minutes less sleep that I was used to. I got home from work first and plopped myself down to knit until J got home. When he walked in, he asked me how my day was, and when I answered "crappy," he disappeared outside. He came back into the house holding a big box, which he announced was for me, just since I'd had a bad day. What do you think was inside?

A brand new knitter's purse! (The black one is the new one -- and those aren't bleached spots or anything near the top of the bag, it's just a little dust from the box that I haven't had a chance to wipe off yet.)

Aren't I a lucky knitter?

*Oh, like buying my wedding dress!

3 comments:

  1. Wooo, wedding dress! And a new knitting purse! Sounds like the perfect way to erase a crappy work week to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Do you have photos of the dress? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Now that is a fiancee worth having.

    And yeah, where are the pix of the dress?

    ReplyDelete